- 12 chocolate cupcakes*
- 1 recipe vanilla frosting**
- 2 teaspoons green food coloring
- 12 sugar cones
- sprinkles or nonpareils, for decorating
- Set a tray aside that will fit into your freezer. Mix half of the frosting (you should have about two cups) with the food coloring.
- Spread the green frosting on the sugar cones using a small offset spatula or butter knife. (It helps to hold the sugar cone at the bottom or put your middle and index finger inside.) Decorate the cones with as desired. Place the decorated cone on the tray. When all 12 are decorated, carefully transfer them to the freezer and chill for at least 15 minutes, or until firm.
- Meanwhile, spread the remaining of the frosting on the cupcakes. When the cones are hard to the touch, press one into each frosted cupcake.