- 1½ pounds baby turnips, halved if large
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Combine the turnips, butter, vinegar, sugar, 1 cup water, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper in a large skillet. Cook, covered, over medium-high heat until the turnips are crisp-tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook, tossing, until the turnips and liquid are golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons water to the skillet and swirl to coat the turnips with the glaze.