- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, plus more for rolling dough
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons ice water
- In a food processor, pulse the flour, butter, sugar, and salt until the mixture resembles coarse meal, with a few pea-size clumps of butter remaining.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the water. Pulse until the mixture just holds together when squeezed. (Add more water as necessary; do not overprocess.)
- Place the mixture on a sheet of plastic wrap. Shape it into a 1-inch-thick disk, wrap tightly, and chill until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 3 days.