How to Choose and Prepare Shrimp
Tips for selecting―and cooking―this delectably sweet seafood.
When buying frozen shrimp, which should be consumed within a month of purchase for the best flavor, make sure the package has two pieces of information printed on it: "IQF," meaning that each shrimp is individually quick-frozen, and "wild-caught in U.S.A." Wood believes the American wild variety have a superior flavor to farm-raised.
Here are recipes for what to do with the small seafood, once you've caught yourself a bag.
- Coconut, Shrimp, and Corn Chowder
- Grilled Shrimp and Lemon Kebabs
- Moroccan Shrimp
- Roasted Peach and Shrimp Salad (shown)
- Sautéed Shrimp With Green Tomato Chutney
- Shrimp With Arugula Couscous
- Shrimp and Sausage With Saffron Rice
- Shrimp With Tomato-Horseradish Salsa
- Southwestern Shrimp Soup
- Summer Shrimp Salad
- Thai Shrimp Salad