When buying frozen shrimp, which should be consumed within a month of purchase for the best flavor, make sure the package has two pieces of information printed on it: "IQF," meaning that each shrimp is individually quick-frozen, and "wild-caught in U.S.A." Wood believes the American wild variety have a superior flavor to farm-raised.
Here are recipes for what to do with the small seafood, once you've caught yourself a bag.
- Coconut, Shrimp, and Corn Chowder Recipe
- Grilled Shrimp and Lemon Kebabs Recipe
- Moroccan Shrimp Recipe
- Roasted Peach and Shrimp Salad Recipe (shown)
- Sauteed Shrimp with Green Tomato Chutney Recipe
- Shrimp with Arugula Couscous Recipe
- Shrimp with Sausage and Saffron Rice Recipe
- Shrimp with Tomato-Horseradish Salsa Recipe
- Southwestern Shrimp Soup Recipe
- Summer Shrimp Salad Recipe
- Thai Shrimp Salad Recipe