- 1/2 cup whole farro
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest plus 1 teaspoon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped capers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 pound piece boneless, skinless salmon, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 fennel bulb, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 small red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Combine the parsley, lemon zest and juice, capers, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine the salmon, fennel, onion, the remaining tablespoon of oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Thread onto skewers. Broil, turning once, until the salmon is opaque throughout and the vegetables are crisp-tender, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Serve the kebabs over the farro with the sauce.