Bake Sale Time Line and Recipes
Everything you need to plan the next bake sale for your child’s school or organization.
Three Weeks Before
- If you don’t already have one in mind, select a charity to donate your earnings to.
- Solicit volunteers by posting sign-up sheets, sending e-mails, or making phone calls.
- Contact local bakeries to ask for donations.
A Week Before
- Hang brightly colored signs in high-traffic areas around the venue to tout the sale.
- Review the list of volunteers, then see what they are planning to donate and what holes need to be filled.
- Take your kids shopping for ingredients or party supplies.
- Bake anything that can last a long time if frozen or stored properly, such as banana-nut bread or peppermint bark.
- Call or e-mail your volunteers to remind them when to drop off their goodies or arrive for their shift.
The Day Before
- Bake whatever you’re donating.
- Be home to receive donations from your volunteers.
- Host a packaging committee to wrap everything in cellophane or plastic bags, tie them with ribbon, and label the ingredients.
- Load your car with the necessary supplies.
Read More About:Desserts