Three Weeks Before
- If you don’t already have one in mind, select a charity to donate your earnings to.
- Solicit volunteers by posting sign-up sheets, sending e-mails, or making phone calls.
- Contact local bakeries to ask for donations.
A Week Before
- Hang brightly colored signs in high-traffic areas around the venue to tout the sale.
- Review the list of volunteers, then see what they are planning to donate and what holes need to be filled.
- Take your kids shopping for ingredients or party supplies.
- Bake anything that can last a long time if frozen or stored properly, such as banana-nut bread or peppermint bark.
- Call or e-mail your volunteers to remind them when to drop off their goodies or arrive for their shift.
The Day Before
- Bake whatever you’re donating.
- Be home to receive donations from your volunteers.
- Host a packaging committee to wrap everything in cellophane or plastic bags, tie them with ribbon, and label the ingredients.
- Load your car with the necessary supplies.
The Day Of
- Arrive early to set up and receive baked goods.
- Hang signs reminding potential buyers of the event.
- Restock the trays throughout the day.
- Hide the checks and cash in a safe place as they pile up.
After the Sale
- Clean up and pack away any leftovers to be donated.
- Drop off or send the money to your chosen charity.
- Contact your volunteers to share how much you raised, and thank them for their participation.
Bake-sale goodies that are bound to be best sellers: