4 Hands-On Time: 0hr 05m Total Time: 0hr 10m
- 1/2 16-ounce box ziti
- 1/2 bunch asparagus (about 12 spears), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 16-ounce tub mild fresh salsa
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 16-ounce bag frozen cooked shrimp, thawed
- Cook the pasta according to the label directions, adding the asparagus to the boiling water during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the salsa in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently until the tomatoes release their juices, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the goat cheese and sugar and heat until smooth. Add the shrimp and fold in gently until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss.
Add a bit of the reserved pasta cooking water if the pasta seems dry after it's been tossed with sauce.