Mashed Sour Cream and Scallion Potatoes
8 Hands-On Time: 0hr 10m Total Time: 0hr 20m
- 10 large Idaho potatoes (7 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 7 scallions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- Place the potatoes and garlic in a large pot and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes and garlic and return to the pot.
- Add the sour cream, milk, and butter and mash with a potato masher. Add scallions and stir gently to combine well. Season
to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
Blanching vegetables locks in flavor, texture, and color, and you don't have to worry about undercooking or overcooking.
- Per Serving
- Calories 413Calories From Fat 0%
- Calcium 89mg
- Carbohydrate 73g
- Cholesterol 27mg
- Fat 11g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 9mg
- Sat Fat 6g
- Sodium 43mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101.
Most Popular Recipes