Linguine with Clam Sauce
6 Total Time: 0hr 15m
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 6-ounce bottle clam juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon anise seeds
- 2 6 1/2-ounce cans minced clams
- 18 small hard-shell clams, such as littlenecks, scrubbed clean
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook the linguine to al dente according to the label directions. Drain and toss with the clam juice. Set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil, garlic, crushed red pepper, and anise seeds in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute until the garlic is golden but not browned. Add the canned clams, fresh clams in their shells, and white wine. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until the clams open. Remove the whole clams and set aside. Add the parsley and reduce heat to low. Add the linguine and clam juice and toss. Remove the pasta to a serving bowl and top with the clams in their shells.
Add a bit of the reserved pasta cooking water if the pasta seems dry after it's been tossed with sauce.
- Per Serving
- Calories 420Calories From Fat 0%
- Calcium 44mg
- Carbohydrate 60g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Fat 10g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 8mg
- Protein 18mg
- Sat Fat 2g
- Sodium 344mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101.