A peppery, slightly bitter taste and lots of vitamin A and lutein (which is good for your eyes and helps fight cancer) make
this a leafy green worth incorporating into your diet.
How to Choose Watercress
Select vibrant dark green, crisp leaves free from signs of yellowing or wilting. A sniff should yield a slight spicy smell.
How to Store Watercress
Keep watercress tightly wrapped in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
How to Prepare Watercress
Simply trim off any large, tough stems, then wash and pat dry.
How to Use Watercress
Watercress is great in salads and sandwiches as a nutrient-rich alternative to lettuce.
Real Simple Watercress Recipes:
- Beef Quesadillas With Watercress and Corn Salad
- Gingery Sautéed Watercress and Shiitakes
- Green Apple and Watercress Chicken Salad
- Salmon and Watercress Salad
- Chilled Sweet Pea and Watercress Soup
Fruits and vegetables at their peak right now.
Find out what's in season in your area right now, then locate a farmers' market near you.