8 to 10 Hands-On Time: 0hr 20m Total Time: 1hr 00m
- 4 lemons
- 1 orange
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 4 cups sparkling mineral water, chilled
- Grate 2 tablespoons each of lemon and orange zest. Squeeze 1/3 cup lemon juice from 3 of the lemons. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the ginger, honey, and sugar until just combined. Add the orange and lemon juices and process. Transfer to a large lidded container. Add the orange and lemon zests and 2 cups of boiling water and stir until the sugar dissolves. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours and up to 5 days.
- To serve, strain the ginger-beer base into a pitcher. Thinly slice the remaining lemon and orange to form circles. Add the slices and mineral water to the pitcher and stir. Serve over ice.
Pat washed fruits and veggies dry before bagging them for storage. Damp items spoil quickly.
- Per Serving
- Calories 167.84Calories From Fat 1%
- Calcium 5.95mg
- Carbohydrate 44.19g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 0g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 0.18mg
- Protein 0.4mg
- Sat Fat 0.01g
- Sodium 1.57mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101.