Fresh Corn and Tomato Soup
8 Hands-On Time: 0hr 20m Total Time: 0hr 25m
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 10 ears corn, husked and cut from the cob, or 10 cups frozen corn kernels (4 10-ounce packages)
- 10 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 5 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 sprigs dill
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-low heat and cook onions without browning until tender, about 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in the corn and cook for 2 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until corn is tender and liquid has reduced slightly, 15 to 20 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper, stir, and remove from heat.
- Serve in bowls with dollops of sour cream and dill sprigs.
Do-ahead: Roll the rugelach the day before, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate. Slice and bake the day of the party.
- Per Serving
- Calories 227Calories From Fat 0%
- Calcium 52mg
- Carbohydrate 34g
- Cholesterol 6mg
- Fat 8g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 2mg
- Protein 11mg
- Sat Fat 3g
- Sodium 994mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101.