Use Salsa to Upgrade Your Dinner
Specialty salsas can make a boring meal brilliant. Try these surefire combinations.
By Melissa Clark
- Use a tropical-fruit salsa to top roasted poultry or grilled meaty fish (like salmon and swordfish). Grilled pork, mahimahi, and tuna demand pineapple
or mango salsa.
- Serve roasted-pepper salsa alongside trout, red snapper, seared chicken breasts, or grilled steak.
- Serve garlic salsa on top of baguette slices for a south western twist on bruschetta.
- Use fire-roasted tomato salsa as a marinade for steak or on top of baked potatoes, baked goat cheese rounds, or turkey or grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Mix tomatillo salsa into crab cakes, or drizzle it over avocado and orange slices.
- Stir corn-and-black-bean salsa into crab or chicken salad or summer soups.