Easy Add-Ins for Stuffing
Even if your stuffing comes from a box, it doesn't have to taste like it. Try adding these quick, fresh combinations when
you stir everything together.
By Kate Merker
Amounts are for four cups of cooked stuffing.
Fruit and Nut
- 3/4 cup dried fruit (such as apricots, cherries, golden raisins, and cranberries)
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped nuts (such as almonds and pecans)
Sausage and Herb
- 2 links crumbled cooked sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as sage, thyme, and parsley)
Chestnut and Onion
- 1 cup jarred chestnuts, crumbled
- 1 small red or yellow onion, diced and sautéed in butter for 7 minutes