Dinner Makeover: Help With Menu Planning
5 More Smart Get-Ahead Ideas
- Roast two chickens at once. “It’s just as easy,” Charlyne told Michelle. “You can eat one tonight and reheat the other a day or so later. Or serve it shredded in enchiladas, sliced on a sandwich, or tossed into a pasta dish or a salad.”
- Cook pasta. Rinse to cool, then refrigerate. To use, add pasta sauce and reheat.
- Bake potatoes. Both regular potatoes and sweet potatoes can be baked in advance and refrigerated. “Just wrap them in a paper towel and pop them in the microwave for two to three minutes to reheat,” says Charlyne.
- Roast vegetables. Serve them reheated as a side dish or in a pasta, or at room temperature in salads.
- Cook rice, quinoa, and other grains. Make a double batch and reheat, as needed, in a bowl covered with a damp paper towel in the microwave. Or serve at room temperature tossed with nuts and herbs as a side dish or in a green salad.
Next: Keep It Cheap
Most Popular Galleries
“Ever wondered what your sandwich says about you? Our friends at Huffington Post Taste say it best: “If a cocktail glass is a window into the soul, then the blank slate between two pieces of bread is...”
A-listers were dressed to the nines at the 2014 Emmy Awards last night, but thes...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Yes, they’re annoying--and, yes, there are ways to deal. ...
Your square footage is set in stone, but if your space feels stuffed with stuff,...
from POPSUGAR Home
Chocolate bourbon bacon pie is never a mistake. Read more: #Hpfo...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Curling up with popcorn and a movie, simmering a big pot of soup or chili on th...