Dinner Makeover: Help With Menu Planning
5 More Smart Get-Ahead Ideas
- Roast two chickens at once. “It’s just as easy,” Charlyne told Michelle. “You can eat one tonight and reheat the other a day or so later. Or serve it shredded in enchiladas, sliced on a sandwich, or tossed into a pasta dish or a salad.”
- Cook pasta. Rinse to cool, then refrigerate. To use, add pasta sauce and reheat.
- Bake potatoes. Both regular potatoes and sweet potatoes can be baked in advance and refrigerated. “Just wrap them in a paper towel and pop them in the microwave for two to three minutes to reheat,” says Charlyne.
- Roast vegetables. Serve them reheated as a side dish or in a pasta, or at room temperature in salads.
- Cook rice, quinoa, and other grains. Make a double batch and reheat, as needed, in a bowl covered with a damp paper towel in the microwave. Or serve at room temperature tossed with nuts and herbs as a side dish or in a green salad.
Next: Keep It Cheap
Most Popular Galleries
“Do you have any good quinoa recipes to share? If you’re not used to cooking with quinoa, think of it as healthier alternative to rice. While doing some healthy eating research, I found this article...”
A thing of beauty should be a joy forever—or at least until five o’clock. Here’s how to stretch the life of your makeup, hair, manicure, perfume—and more.
Even if you didn’t go to Coachella this year, you can still don a flower h...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Merck & Co said the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Monday approved it...
TV show? Check. Target collaboration? Check. An eye for style?...
from POPSUGAR Home
Yes, there is a way to make this perfect dish even better. Read m...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Although the lines of distinction are not that clear, for simplicitys sake its ...