Dinner Makeover: Help With Menu Planning
5 More Smart Get-Ahead Ideas
- Roast two chickens at once. “It’s just as easy,” Charlyne told Michelle. “You can eat one tonight and reheat the other a day or so later. Or serve it shredded in enchiladas, sliced on a sandwich, or tossed into a pasta dish or a salad.”
- Cook pasta. Rinse to cool, then refrigerate. To use, add pasta sauce and reheat.
- Bake potatoes. Both regular potatoes and sweet potatoes can be baked in advance and refrigerated. “Just wrap them in a paper towel and pop them in the microwave for two to three minutes to reheat,” says Charlyne.
- Roast vegetables. Serve them reheated as a side dish or in a pasta, or at room temperature in salads.
- Cook rice, quinoa, and other grains. Make a double batch and reheat, as needed, in a bowl covered with a damp paper towel in the microwave. Or serve at room temperature tossed with nuts and herbs as a side dish or in a green salad.
Next: Keep It Cheap
Most Popular Galleries
“Our friends at PureWow.com have pulled together some of the best new kitchen gadgets that will change your life. They say, “Remember the first time you discovered an egg slicer? Or an apple corer?...”
If you loved the following eight celebrity couples’ weddings, you’ll...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Researchers in the U.K. have found a compound in pomegranate that they believe ...
The Everygirl takes us inside Alaina Kaczmarski's awe-inspiring Chicago hom...
from POPSUGAR Home
Mike Francesa, a radio host on New York City's WFAN, is never short on opi...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
After living in a loft on the east side of Toronto for a number of years, Andre...