Dinner Makeover: Help With Menu Planning
5 More Smart Get-Ahead Ideas
- Roast two chickens at once. “It’s just as easy,” Charlyne told Michelle. “You can eat one tonight and reheat the other a day or so later. Or serve it shredded in enchiladas, sliced on a sandwich, or tossed into a pasta dish or a salad.”
- Cook pasta. Rinse to cool, then refrigerate. To use, add pasta sauce and reheat.
- Bake potatoes. Both regular potatoes and sweet potatoes can be baked in advance and refrigerated. “Just wrap them in a paper towel and pop them in the microwave for two to three minutes to reheat,” says Charlyne.
- Roast vegetables. Serve them reheated as a side dish or in a pasta, or at room temperature in salads.
- Cook rice, quinoa, and other grains. Make a double batch and reheat, as needed, in a bowl covered with a damp paper towel in the microwave. Or serve at room temperature tossed with nuts and herbs as a side dish or in a green salad.
Next: Keep It Cheap
Most Popular Galleries
“Before you get busy packing the basket, take a second to find out if you’re smarter than the average bear. (Answers below the photo!) 1. If you’ve been stung by a bee, what can you use to remove the...”
Most Friends fans love Monica Geller’s ’90s-chic apartment, but hate...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Today, thanks to medical advances made possible by studies of David’s dis...
We've got good news and bad news. First, the bad: not everyone can have a c...
from POPSUGAR Home
You can now buy a six-pack of beer flavored lollipops. Yep, we're intereste...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Brass has slowly climbed its way to the top of the design heap over the past fe...