Grill Like a Pro
The secrets to cooking delicious foods on the barbecue.
Grilling CornThis method works on a grill or in the oven (preheated to 500º F).
1. Carefully pull back the husks, keeping them attached while exposing the kernels.
2. Gently pull out the silks by hand.
3. Wrap each ear's husks back around the kernels and carefully twist the tops closed.
4. Place the corn on a medium-hot grill (or on the oven rack) for 20 to 30 minutes. Turn the ears occasionally so the corn roasts evenly; take care not to overcook. (If the fire is very hot, soak the corn in cold water for 10 minutes before grilling.)
5. Use tongs to remove the ears from the heat. Wearing oven mitts, remove the husks. If you like your corn charred and smoky tasting, baste the husked ears with olive oil or butter and put them back on the grill or under the broiler briefly before serving.
Next: Grilling Hamburgers
Most Popular Galleries
“If you're planning on firing up the barbecue this Memorial Day weekend (come on weather, improve already!), you may be gearing up for a trip to the hardware store to buy some charcoal for the grill....”
If your dark circles aren’t quite this adorable, you don’t have to grin and bear it. Try these (en)lightening strategies to minimize them.
I have a major thing for blue mason jars. I use them for everything – drinking g...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
Money can buy happiness—if you spend wisely. We asked experts to explain ...
'Tis the season of alfresco dining, so why not pick a scenic spot for your ...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
By Kate Lowenstein A few years ago, Debbie Jankowski went hunting for a way to b...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
Paddle plant offers high impact even for a succulent. There are more than 125 s...