How To Cook Lamb Chops With Braised Escarole and Chickpeas
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small head escarole (leaves torn; about 13 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic (peeled and smashed)
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas (rinsed)
- 8 small rib or loin lamb chops (1 inch thick; about 2¾ pounds total)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
Prepare your ingredients: Tear the escarole into pieces.
Peel and smash 4 cloves of garlic.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat. Add the escarole, garlic, wine, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, covered, tossing occasionally, until very tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the lamb with the oregano and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. In 2 batches, cook the lamb, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Add the chickpeas to the escarole and cook until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Serve the lamb with the escarole. Get the full recipe for Lamb Chops With Braised Escarole and Chickpeas.