Dinner Makeover: Kicking the Takeout Habit
All Hail Panini Night!
On the evenings that Andi is too busy to cook, she doesn’t have to resort to fast food. Charlyne suggested instituting a weekly
panini night. With cold cuts and leftovers pulled from the refrigerator, everyone can put together his or her own hot sandwich.
“And I don’t have to do anything,” says Andi with satisfaction. (If you don’t have a panini maker, you can cook the sandwiches
on a lightly oiled skillet or grill pan, pressing down occasionally with a spatula.)
7 Tasty Panini Combos
- Turkey, Swiss cheese, and Dijon mustard
- Ham, Brie, sliced apple, and fig jam
- Salami, mozzarella, and sun-dried tomatoes
- Cheddar, bacon, and pear
- Rotisserie chicken, Feta, flat-leaf parsley, and olive tapenade
- Gruyère, spinach, and artichoke hearts
- Goat cheese, arugula, and red onion