8 Hands-On Time: 0hr 15m Total Time: 1hr 15m
- 1 1/2 pounds beets (1 bunch), peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 pounds parsnips, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 pounds baby carrots, peeled (or 1 1/2 pounds carrots cut into 2-inch chunks)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pound shiitake or cremini mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
- Heat oven to 450° F. Place the vegetables in two small roasting pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, oil, and vinegar. Pour over the vegetables and toss to coat well.
- Cook until tender, about 1 hour, stirring halfway. Add the mushrooms during the last 10 minutes, toss to coat well, and finish roasting. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
If pressed for time, use packages of presliced vegetables found at most supermarkets.
- Per Serving
- Calories 228Calories From Fat 0%
- Calcium 77mg
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 7g
- Fiber 7g
- Iron 2mg
- Protein 4mg
- Sat Fat 1g
- Sodium 140mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101.