Chickpeas and Balsamic Vinegar Bruschetta
4 to 6
- 1/2 baguette
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Thinly slice half a baguette. Place the rounds on a baking sheet and broil them until they're golden brown (about 1 1/2 minutes per side).
- In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, parsley leaves, garlic, oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Spread the mixture on the rounds.
Soaking the beans for a few hours before cooking is not necessary but will cut the cooking time.
Most Popular Recipes