Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 small zucchini, halved and cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- flour for work surface
- 1 pound pizza dough, thawed
- kosher salt
- 1/4 pound mushrooms (cremini or white), thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly shaved or grated Parmesan
- Heat oven to 450° F. In a bowl, toss the zucchini with 2 tablespoons of the oil and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough in the shape of a rectangle, to a thickness of ⅛ to ¼ inch. Transfer to a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Top the dough with the zucchini, overlapping slightly and leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Bake until the crust is a light golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onion, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook until lightly golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cut the pizza and serve topped with the mushroom-onion mixture and Parmesan.
- Per Serving
- Calories 431
- Calcium 69mg
- Carbohydrate 58g
- Cholesterol 4mg
- Fat 16g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 3mg
- Protein 14mg
- Sat Fat 2g
- Sodium 1128mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve the pizza with mixed greens tossed with lemon juice and chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley and chives.