Zucchini and Bean Salad With Bulgur
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound), halved and thinly sliced
- 1 15.5-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped salted roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup bulgur
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the zucchini, beans, shallot, almonds, and dill and toss to combine. Let stand, tossing occasionally, until the zucchini softens slightly, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the bulgur in a large heatproof bowl. Add 2 cups boiling water, cover, and let stand until tender, 12 to 15 minutes; drain. Serve the bulgur topped with the zucchini salad and sprinkled with the goat cheese.
- Per Serving
- Calories 477
- Fat 28g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 22mg
- Sodium 631mg
- Protein 18g
- Carbohydrate 43g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 12g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 174mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Real Simple is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit choosemyplate.gov.