- 1tablespoon canola oil
- 1pound tomatillos (papery skins removed), chopped
- 1 onion (preferably white), chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1cup heavy cream
- 1 2- to 2 1/2-pound rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/4cups grated Monterey Jack (5 ounces)
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- Pico de Gallo or salsa
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomatillos, onion, poblano, garlic, cumin, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a food processor, add the cream, and puree.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, tomatoes, 1 cup of the cheese, ½ cup of the tomatillo sauce, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Warm the tortillas according to the package directions. Spread 1 cup of the remaining sauce in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Roll the chicken mixture in the tortillas and place them in the dish, seam-side down.
- Top with the remaining sauce and cheese. Bake until beginning to brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve with Pico de Gallo.