Yogurt-Marinated Chicken With Mushrooms and Sweet Potatoes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 4-ounce chicken cutlets
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2/3 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon plus 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato (about 12 ounces), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded
- 1/2 pound cremini mushrooms, halved if large
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- In a medium bowl, mix together the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 450° F. Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool and coarsely chop.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to the package directions. Fold in the walnuts, parsley, 2 teaspoons of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
- Divide the potato, mushrooms, and thyme between 2 rimmed baking sheets; toss with 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Roast, rotating the sheets once, until tender, 13 to 15 minutes. Drizzle with the vinegar and toss gently.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil in a large cast-iron or other nonstick skillet over medium heat. Wipe the excess marinade off the chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve with the quinoa and vegetables.
- Per Serving
- Calories 470
- Fat 15g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 63mg
- Sodium 739mg
- Protein 35g
- Carbohydrate 47g
- Sugar 9g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 6mg
- Calcium 108mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The yogurt in the marinade not only flavors the chicken but also acts as a tenderizer. Try it with lamb, too.