Yellow Wax Beans With Toasted Almonds
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound yellow wax beans, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (about 3 ounces) whole blanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add 1 tablespoon of the salt and the wax beans, return to a boil, and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and plunge into a bowl of ice water. Drain again and set aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the almonds and cook, stirring often, until they begin to turn golden but not brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with the remaining salt and the pepper. Place the beans in a large bowl, toss with the almonds, and serve.
- Per Serving
- Calories 204.7Calories From Fat 77%
- Calcium 74.78mg
- Carbohydrate 9.51g
- Cholesterol 10.03mg
- Fat 17.67g
- Fiber 4.35g
- Iron 1.68mg
- Protein 5.43mg
- Sat Fat 3.76g
- Sodium 194.65mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
You can use fresh green beans instead of yellow wax beans.