Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 pounds yellow beefsteak tomatoes, halved crosswise
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small white onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (use 1/2 if milder flavor is desired)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 small orange or red tomato, diced
- Working over a large bowl, squeeze the yellow tomato halves to release the seeds and juices. Reserve the liquid.
- Combine the squeezed yellow tomatoes and salt in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Transfer to the bowl containing the tomato pulp and juice. Add the onion, garlic, and lemon juice to the food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Strain the onion liquid into the bowl containing the tomatoes. Add the jalapeño and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve the gazpacho chilled, garnished with the cilantro, cucumber, and diced tomato.
- Per Serving
- Calories 54
- Calcium 39mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 1g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 3mg
- Sat Fat 0g
- Sodium 638mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .