- 2 1/2cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2cups sugar
- 2teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1cup whole milk
- 1recipe Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting
- 1/2cup toasted sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium-high until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the vanilla, then the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add the flour mixture in 3 additions and the milk in 2 additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix just until combined (do not overmix).
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin tins and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Spread the frosting on the cupcakes and sprinkle with the almonds.