- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer fit with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, stirring after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating it with the milk and mixing just until incorporated. Add the vanilla and combine.
- Divide the batter among 12 cupcake tins with paper liners. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool in tins for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting or decorating.
- To freeze: Leave the cupcakes undecorated. Place the plain cupcakes in a large resealable plastic bag. Store for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature, about 40 minutes.