Wild Rice and Mushroom Pilaf With Cranberries
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain and wild rice blend
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms (such as cremini, oyster, and shiitake), sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Cook the rice blend according to the package directions. Fold in the cranberries, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the mushrooms, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, tossing frequently, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes more. Add the wine and simmer until evaporated, about 1 minute. Stir in the parsley and tarragon.
- Add the mushroom mixture to the rice and toss to combine.
- Per Serving
- Calories 222
- Fat 6g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 127mg
- Protein 5g
- Carbohydrate 40g
- Sugar 9g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 23mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .