- 1 1/2cups long-grain and wild rice blend
- 3/4cup dried cranberries
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1pound mixed mushrooms (such as cremini, oyster, and shiitake), sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2cup dry white wine
- 1/2cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Cook the rice blend according to the package directions. Fold in the cranberries, cover, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the mushrooms, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, tossing frequently, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes more. Add the wine and simmer until evaporated, about 1 minute. Stir in the parsley and tarragon.
- Add the mushroom mixture to the rice and toss to combine.