Wild Rice Dressing
Serves 6-8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 32-ounce container low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 1/4 brown rice
- 1 stick unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots or cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In a pot, over medium-high heat, bring the broth and 2 cups water to a boil. Add the wild rice and brown rice, reduce heat to low, and cover. Simmer until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and celery and cook for 10 minutes. Add the cooked rice, parsley, sage, pecans, apricots or cranberries, salt, and pepper and toss. Transfer to a buttered casserole. Cover and bake for 25 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 377Calories From Fat 53%
- Fat 22g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 377mg
- Carbohydrate 39g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 8g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .