Whole-Wheat Spaghetti With Asparagus
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 12 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) hazelnuts—toasted, skinned, and roughly chopped (or use pine nuts)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small wedge (about 2 ounces) Parmesan
- With a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus lengthwise into long ribbons.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions, adding the asparagus during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Drain the spaghetti and asparagus and return them to the pot.
- Add the oil and hazelnuts; toss. Add the salt and pepper; toss again.
- Divide the spaghetti among individual plates. With the peeler, shave the Parmesan over the top.
- Per Serving
- Calories 625Calories From Fat 46%
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 706mg
- Carbohydrate 71g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 22g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To toast hazelnuts, spread them on a rimmed baking sheet and place in a 375° F oven, tossing occasionally, until fragrant, 10 to 12 minutes. To skin them, transfer the hot nuts to a kitchen towel, fold one end over the nuts, and rub briskly.