bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
extra-virgin olive oil
(about 2 ounces) hazelnuts—toasted, skinned, and roughly chopped (or use pine nuts)
small wedge (about 2 ounces) Parmesan
- With a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus lengthwise into long ribbons.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions, adding the asparagus during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Drain the spaghetti and asparagus and return them to the pot.
- Add the oil and hazelnuts; toss. Add the salt and pepper; toss again.
- Divide the spaghetti among individual plates. With the peeler, shave the Parmesan over the top.