White Chocolate and Peppermint Brownies
Makes 16 brownies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup chopped peppermint candies (about 15 candies)
- Heat oven to 350° F. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan. Line with 2 crisscrossed pieces of parchment, buttering in between and leaving an overhang on all sides; butter the parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and semisweet chocolate. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Let cool slightly. Whisk in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined (do not overmix).
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate and oil in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Spread on top of the cooled brownies. Sprinkle with the candies and let set.
- Holding the paper overhang, lift the brownies out of the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 16 squares (4 rows by 4 rows).
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 brownie
- Calories 268
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 45mg
- Sodium 100mg
- Protein 3g
- Carbohydrate 35g
- Sugar 28g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 26mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
These cookies can be kept at room temperature, between sheets of wax paper or parchment in an airtight container, for about 5 days.