White Beans With Olive Oil
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 15-ounce cans cannellini or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine all the ingredients except the parsley, and gently heat until bubbling. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper, stir in the parsley, and serve.
- Per Serving
- Calories 279
- Calcium 126mg
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 10g
- Fiber 8g
- Iron 5mg
- Protein 12mg
- Sat Fat 1g
- Sodium 9mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Beans made from scratch have better flavor, but the cooking can take hours. Canned beans are a solid alternative, if you rinse and drain them well.