Slow-Cooker White Bean and Kielbasa Stew
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound dried white beans (such as great northern or navy)
- 14 ounces kielbasa, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 5 ounces baby spinach (6 cups)
- country bread, for serving
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the beans, kielbasa, broth, tomatoes (and their juices), onion, garlic, rosemary, and 1 cup water.
- Cover and cook until the beans are tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours (this will shorten total recipe time).
- Just before serving, stir in the spinach. Serve with the bread.
- Per Serving
- Calories 426
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 50mg
- Sodium 1,091mg
- Protein 29g
- Carbohydrate 51g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 15g
- Iron 6mg
- Calcium 158mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
This is a great dish to freeze and keep on hand for last-minute lunches and dinners. Omit the spinach and portion the stew into containers (1½ cups per serving); freeze for up to 3 months.