- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 2 14 1/2-ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- beans from Rosemary-Garlic Lamb With White Beans
- lamb from Rosemary-Garlic Lamb With White Beans
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the bell pepper, chili powder, and salt and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the beans, tomatoes, chicken broth, lamb, and carrots. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the flour and 1/4 cup warm water. Stir into the chili and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes more. Stir in the scallions and serve with saltines or Cheese Toast.