White Bean and Escarole Soup With Chicken Sausage
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 pound fully cooked chicken sausages, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and slightly mashed
- 1 small head escarole, torn
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Brown the sausages in the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, beans, escarole, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Simmer until the escarole is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 236
- Fat 12g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 48mg
- Sodium 831mg
- Protein 18g
- Carbohydrate 16g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 87mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .