Watercress Soup and Ham Biscuits
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 medium leeks (white and light green parts)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (peeled, if desired), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 bunches watercress, leaves only
- 4 biscuits (store-bought or homemade)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced ham
- Slice each leek in half lengthwise, and each half into ½-inch-thick half-moons. Place in a large bowl of cold water and swish. Drain and pat dry.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, wine, and broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover partially, and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and the watercress. Stir until the watercress wilts.
- Meanwhile, slice the biscuits in half. Place the ham on the bottoms and sandwich with the tops. Ladle the soup into bowls. Serve with the ham biscuits.
- Per Serving
- Calories 423Calories From Fat 305
- Sugar 3g
- Fat 14g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 28mg
- Sodium 1202mg
- Carbohydrate 54g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 17g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .