- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 2 bunches watercress (12 ounces), thick stems discarded, coarsely chopped
- 5 ounces mixed salad greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 6 ounces ricotta salata or Feta, thinly sliced
- Stir the olive oil, lemon juice, shallots, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl. Finely chop half the oregano and stir into the dressing. Let stand for 10 minutes to soften the shallots.
- Meanwhile, top the watercress and greens with the tomatoes, olives, ricotta salata, and the remaining oregano. Serve alongside the dressing.