Watercress Salad With Beets and Feta
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 bunches watercress, thick stems removed (6 cups)
- 1 15-ounce can whole beets, drained and thinly sliced
- 4 to 5 tablespoons Lemon and Shallot Vinaigrette
- or bottled Italian vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta (about 2 ounces)
- In a large bowl, toss the watercress and beets with the vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle with the Feta.
- Per Serving
- Calories 146
- Fat 10g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 13mg
- Sodium 506mg
- Protein 4g
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Sugar 8g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 148mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
You can add fresh beets to this hearty salad; but roast them first, to bring out their sweetness. Here’s how: Drizzle them with olive oil, wrap in foil, and cook at 400° F until tender, about 1 hour. Peel when cool.