- 1pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1pound frozen shelled edamame (soybeans, available in health-food stores and most supermarkets)
- 1/2pound fresh bean sprouts
- 1/4cup Japanese pickled ginger, minced
- 3tablespoons liquid from jar of Japanese pickled ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2tablespoons canola oil
- 2tablespoons soy sauce
- 1tablespoon wasabi powder or paste
- 1teaspoon salt
- 4 scallions, minced
- Heat a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Drop in the green beans and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the edamame. Place the bean sprouts in a colander in the sink. When the water returns to a boil, drain the green beans and edamame over the sprouts in the colander. Rinse with cold water to stop the beans from cooking.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pickled ginger, pickled-ginger liquid, garlic, canola oil, soy sauce, wasabi, and salt. Add the green beans, edamame, bean sprouts, and scallions and toss well.