Warm Smoked-Trout Potato Salad
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons bottled horseradish
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 pound smoked trout, skinned and flaked
- Heat the potatoes to boiling in enough lightly salted water to cover. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes or until the potatoes feel tender when poked with a skewer. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the vermouth, scallions, vinegar, lemon juice, and olive oil. Stir in the horseradish and parsley. Fold in the hot potatoes and trout.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Can be made up to 2 days ahead.
- Per Serving
- Calories 216
- Calcium 29mg
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Cholesterol 40mg
- Fat 9g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 11mg
- Sat Fat 1g
- Sodium 23mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .