- 2pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/3cup dry vermouth
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 2tablespoons bottled horseradish
- 2tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2pound smoked trout, skinned and flaked
- Heat the potatoes to boiling in enough lightly salted water to cover. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes or until the potatoes feel tender when poked with a skewer. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the vermouth, scallions, vinegar, lemon juice, and olive oil. Stir in the horseradish and parsley. Fold in the hot potatoes and trout.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Can be made up to 2 days ahead.