- 12 thick slices (about 12 ounces) stale crusty bread
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved crosswise
- 12 thin slices Serrano ham or prosciutto
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, or to taste
- Heat oven to 325° F.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and toast in oven for 10 minutes. Remove and immediately rub each slice with the garlic, then with the tomatoes, smearing the pulp into the bread.
- Top each piece of bread with a slice of the ham, a sprinkle of the salt, and a drizzle of the olive oil.