- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 drips hot pepper sauce
- 3 large unpeeled Braeburn or Cameo apples, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- toasted Butter, Bibb, or Boston lettuce
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and hot pepper sauce. Fold in the apples, celery, and pecans. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Divide among 4 plates lined with lettuce leaves and sprinkle with the chopped chives (if desired).