Thai-style chili sauce (also called sriracha, found in the international aisle of most supermarkets)
fish sauce (also found in the international aisle)
6-ounce piece of top round steak, about 1 inch thick
rice wine vinegar (also found in the international aisle)
radishes, thinly sliced
medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
6-ounce (8-inch) baguette, sliced horizontally
sprigs fresh cilantro
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium. In a shallow bowl, combine the chili sauce, sugar, fish sauce, and garlic. Add the steak and turn it to coat.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the vinegar to a boil. Remove from heat and toss in the radishes, carrot, and bell pepper.
- Grill the steak to the desired doneness, 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Grill the bread, cut-side down, until slightly charred, about 1 minute.
- Cut the baguette crosswise in half and spread with the mayonnaise. Form 2 sandwiches with the steak, vegetables, and cilantro.