Vietnamese Beef Salad
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound flank steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 8-ounce package dried rice noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 large Kirby cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Heat broiler. Rub the steak with the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper.
- Broil the steak until browned, 6 to 7 minutes per side. Remove from broiler, cover with foil, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles according to the package directions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, ginger, fish sauce, and jalapeño.
- In a large bowl, combine the basil, cilantro, cucumber, onion, and bean sprouts and toss well with the dressing. Arrange the noodles on top.
- Slice the steak into ¼-inch pieces, cutting against the grain, and place over the noodles. Garnish with additional basil and cilantro, if desired.
- Per Serving
- Calories 369Calories From Fat 142
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Sodium 2,194mg
- Protein 23g
- Carbohydrate 35g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 58mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .